Hooray! Wonderful news today! I'm pregnant!!
I went to Stanford at 7am this morning to take a blood pregnancy test before heading to the airport for our trip to Texas. We were literally 3 minutes from missing our flight, and were the very last people to board the plane (SO TYPICAL for the Martino’s!).
Upon our arrival in San Antonio, I picked up a message from the clinic. When I heard them say the blood test results were positive and that the HCG level (human growth hormone) was really high @ 155, I was SO happy and excited, as was Dan! By comparison, when I was pregnant with Gabby and did this blood test the same # of days after ovulation (16 days post-HCG injection), my HCG measured 29. At the time with Gabby, it was sort of bitter-sweet, because they were really hoping for the numbers to be closer to 70. So, I was told to remain positive but that it could also mean I was in the process of already losing the baby. Anyway - TODAY'S results are very high, which can often be indicative of a multiple pregnancy. Dan & I were both thrilled and it's exciting to think that we might be adding a new little life to our family. The news gave us perma-smiles for the rest of the day.
I have to do another blood test on Monday here in San Antonio, TX, as they want to make sure the HCG level doubles every 3 days. It will be 19 days post-HCG injection. Then, in two weeks if all is still going well, we’ll go in to see the heart beat(s) and again confirm all is well.
So, we still have a long road ahead and hope everything continues to go well. But today’s news was truly WONDERFUL and EXCITING! We’re looking very forward to Gabby being a big sister!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment