
Today I am 8 weeks and 4 days along. We went in for our second and last ultrasound at the REI clinic today. It was bittersweet. I made the MD check three times for three heart beats, etc., because I still can't believe three babies are growing inside me. The more I see them growing, and all the features starting to become clearer, the less I know I'm going to wish I was only pregnant with two. Today we could see that arms and legs have sprouted. We could see them wiggle a little. We could also see the faces a little better defined. It was fun to see the kiddos again. They still look like jelly bean babies of course, but much more human than two weeks ago.
Gabby came with Dan and I for the appointment today. And, it was funny because both the REI MD who put Gabby in my belly and the OB MD who delivered Gabby were in attendance. Too bad we didn't bring a camera! LOL!
The MD's said I need to try and gain 8-12 lbs in the first trimester with a multiples pregnancy. Well... I am already sadly failing to do that. This must sound crazy, but it's REALLY hard to pack weight on when you've got three little leeches growing inside you. I've gained one pound so far. So... if I estimate correctly, I have to gain 7-11 pounds in 3 weeks and 3 days. Lord only knows how that's going to happen. I feel like I've been eating constantly WHEN I don't feel like puking. And no - I have not thrown up yet, but I have gagged at least once every morning for the past 2 weeks. Ugh!
Please continue to keep these little ones in your thoughts and prayers! Hugs and Kisses!
1 comment:
The pictures are amazing! Thanks for sharing and keep us posted. Love love, Julie
Post a Comment