
I am now 17 weeks along and the belly feels and looks like its closer to 25 weeks. The latest ultrasound photos are posted - click on photos to enlarge. I’ve gained 18lbs, which is GREAT and just a little behind the best case scenario. Sadly, I feel enormous already!
Last week I got to peak in at the babies again. It was a quick ultrasound just to check heart beats – but still fun to see them. All seems to be going smoothly. Apparently, 50% of twins are born via c-section. I think I would opt to not do the c-section, but that will of course depend on position and health of the babies. On the other hand - there IS something to be said for being able to schedule the birth date and plan child care for Gabby during that time! Hmmm… Also, the MD said she won’t let me go past 38 weeks.
So… on to the EXCITING STUFF!! Today we had another ultrasound appointment to check anatomy and gender. We’ll do this every 4 weeks, and probably more frequently as I near the end of the pregnancy. First, the important news… the babies are looking to be VERY HEALTHY! HOORAY!! All the major organs were checked, bone measurements, body parts, location of the placentas and the cervix is still nice & closed-up. They also estimated approximate weights. Here are the stats:
Baby A: 6 oz
Baby B: 7 oz.
Both babies overall measurements are putting them at approximately 17+ weeks – which is great, since we already know they’ll have less time to grow in the womb. Lots of wonderful news today and we couldn’t be happier. Now onto the FUN news! Drum roll please… we are ecstatic to say that we’ll be expecting TWO BOYS in January 2008! The “anatomy” was very evident of the male gender.
Please continue to keep the boys in your thoughts & prayers. We are hoping they stay safe and sound in mommies belly for at least another 19 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment