
Well, our last family vacation as a trio was a success! Gabby had so much fun playing in the ocean, on the beach, playing in the “leatherback sea turtle pool” as she called it (the kiddy pool had sea turtles tiled on the bottom) with dada, and swimming w/mommy in the big pool. But her favorite, you ask - all the dolphins! Our resort was centered around a dolphin cove ("Dolphin Quest”)… so every day she got to say good morning and good night to the dolphins, watch them while she played, etc. She was SO into the dolphins that Dan & I decided to treat her to the Wee Family Dolphin Adventure. She got to sit right on the dock and the dolphins would come up to us so she could touch them and feed them fish & octopus (not the best smell for her prego mommy!). The trainers also taught her signals and allowed her to signal the dolphins to do certain tricks and tickle their nose and bellies. Gabby was in absolute awe when the dolphin came up onto the dock and she got to stand right next to it and pet it. See photo above! Hmmmm… do we have a future dolphin trainer on our hands??

Anyway, it was great fun… and so fun to make more memories as our little "trio" of a family! I was looking quite large, as you can see… and I was just hoping nobody would confuse me with Shamu or a beached whale. I got a little more attention w/the big belly than I would have liked – but hey, I’m not going to sit on a beach or by the pool in Hawaii w/shorts and a t-shirt!
The twins are moving around more & more and now I'm feeling frequent kicks and punching sessions. I had another regular OB appointment - nothing special to report. I guess once I hit 24 weeks, I need to go in for a check-up every 2 weeks. And, ultrasounds will also be more frequent after 28 weeks... right now they're every 4 weeks.

More about the twins on Friday after my next ultrasound!

Anyway, it was great fun… and so fun to make more memories as our little "trio" of a family! I was looking quite large, as you can see… and I was just hoping nobody would confuse me with Shamu or a beached whale. I got a little more attention w/the big belly than I would have liked – but hey, I’m not going to sit on a beach or by the pool in Hawaii w/shorts and a t-shirt!
The twins are moving around more & more and now I'm feeling frequent kicks and punching sessions. I had another regular OB appointment - nothing special to report. I guess once I hit 24 weeks, I need to go in for a check-up every 2 weeks. And, ultrasounds will also be more frequent after 28 weeks... right now they're every 4 weeks.

More about the twins on Friday after my next ultrasound!
No comments:
Post a Comment