1/3/08

Quick update! Thursday - January 3, 2008

Just a quick update.

Good News:
1. We moved into the house on Monday... FINALLY!!
2. My mom and dad arrived on Tuesday. HOORAY!! Gabby is having SO much fun with her gammy & papa and truly thinks she has 2 new best friends. She'll often refer to them as 'guys'... "Hi guys! Wanna come play over here guys?"
3. Ovens, stove top and dishwasher were all finally set-up to start working Wednesday. Truly love 'em.
4. Most of the boxes are put away.
5. My mom started washing baby clothes today and helped me for hours last night with unpacking boxes and organizing things.
6. My dad is going to help Dan with man-jobs, i.e. doorknobs, doors and other stuff like that.

Thank the lord for parents...

Bad News:
1. I'm dilated to 3cm and 80% effaced.
2. I've slept probably 5-7 hours every night since Sunday because I feel like I have to get up and do anything and everything possible to beat my race against time with the twins arriving soon. I'm exhausted.
3. We still have lots of boxes to put away.
4. Still need 2 baby cribs put together.
5. Still need cabinets finished in the house.
6. Still need Comcast to install cable and high-speed internet at house.
7. My list of to-do's at the house is still several pages.

What to do? Deep breath...

If you've called recently to check in on me - thank you!! Please know I'm not avoiding you, I've just been OVERLY busy (there truly isn't a perfect adjective to describe how crazy the past 4 days have been). Anyway, I'm hoping to return your calls soon!

My advice for all: Do NOT plan a HUGE construction project on your home any time you are hoping or expecting to add to your family.

No comments: