
One of my good friends, Kathleen, talked me into running the Los Gatos Jungle Run half-marathon (13.1 miles) this year. It was this morning.
I hadn’t planned on running it, as I seem to be on the night-owl schedule lately. Not to mention... the longest distance I've ran since getting pregnant back in May 2007 was under 6 miles. And, the last big race I ran was back in October 2001 - the Lake Tahoe half marathon.
I hadn’t planned on running it, as I seem to be on the night-owl schedule lately. Not to mention... the longest distance I've ran since getting pregnant back in May 2007 was under 6 miles. And, the last big race I ran was back in October 2001 - the Lake Tahoe half marathon.
I finally decided to just do it. Why not, right? So, I signed up for the run yesterday.
Getting up at 5:30am after a late night with the rowdy neighborhood clan wasn’t easy. And, it certainly wasn’t easy leaving the fun early. But, it was worth it. The weather couldn’t have been better. And, we did well. Actually, for having just had twins 6 months ago… I think I did pretty great. I kept up with Kathleen until about mile 9, and then I told her to just run hard because I was lagging behind. She finished almost 4 minutes ahead of me. I finished in 2:03.58, #44 in the 30-39 age category.
Here’s a few photos from this morning with the girls after finishing (Kathleen & Livy, Me & Gabby). You'll have to excuse Gabby's hair. Clearly a bit of bed-head going on. But, it was amazing that Dan actually made it out of the house with all 3 kids before 9 o'clock. And, I say amazing because if you could have only seen him last night... errhhhhmmmm... pre-children, he'd probably have spent the entire day in bed. Someone had a little too much fun last night.

No comments:
Post a Comment