8/26/08

Ummmm.... we're the losers. Wednesday - August 27, 2008

So… you know when you read those statistical articles about kids falling off changing tables or out of high chairs, etc. And while you’re reading them you’re thinking to yourself “what kind of loser would let their child fall from X?”

Well… we’re the losers.

Ok… not to point fingers or anything… but, it totally wasn’t me.

On a serious note… it may have been my scariest parenting moment to date.

Matteo fell off the changing table in the moment Dan left him there alone. I was in tears, of course. And as Dan ran with Matteo to the ER, I could see tears welled up in his eyes and a look of fear. And that says a lot. Before this, I had only seen Dan cry or near tears three times in my life. He cried when his father died. And, tears welled up in his eyes during two movies – “Friday Night Lights” and “We Are Marshall”. Again… I can’t make this stuff up. Totally honest.

Anyway… Matteo is 100% GOOD. No broken bones, no internal damage… and not one bruise. Thank God. And, part of me thinks his little angel brother took care of him.

Crazy thing is… we were thinking Rocco would be the first ER trip. He’s constantly falling and bumping his head as he explores the world crawling & climbing. I almost asked the pediatrician the other day if it’s possible to buy helmets for curious 7 month olds.

So, learn from us! DON’T LEAVE YOUR KIDS ON A CHANGING TABLE ALONE FOR EVEN A MOMENT! They will surprise you when you least expect it. And, you don’t ever want to have to feel how we felt when that happened.


Some recent photos of SUPER-Matteo:
















And, some recent photos of Rocco the explorer (aka, Bruiser):

No comments: