On one of Gammy's recent visits... she was playing playdough with Gabby and Rocco. Gabby was busy making my mom a playdough burger with her new little burger factory.
Gammy asked Gabby if she was making her a McDonalds burger. Gabby then asked "What is McDonalds?" My mom was stunned and couldn't believe that Gabby didn't know what McDonalds was.
My mom said "Jodi, doesn't Gabby know what McDonalds is?" She couldn't believe it. I told her that I had never taken Gabby to McDonalds - which is true. However, in looking back, I did buy her a happy meal at the Denver airport this past year... but even then, she never *saw* McDonalds because she had been waiting with Dan by the gate.
I didn't think this was strange until I heard how surprised my mom was. I guess it is kind of odd... for an American kid to have never visited McDonalds in her 4 years of life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow...that's great. I wish my granddaughter had no clue what fast food was. Unfortunately J&A seem to think you can raise a child on McD's cheeseburgers and Wendy's chicken nuggets :(
Props to you sister. We aren't McDonald's people but my kids can spot a "Chicky Frie" (Chick-Fil-A) two miles away!
I think you should be proud of that!!! Way to go!!!
Post a Comment