Marco Matteo Martino
9lbs 3oz
22.5 inches
Marco arrived safe and healthy... every parent's dream come true.
We had been telling everyone he was 9lbs 2oz, and I just looked at the hospital paperwork the other night only to find that he was actually 9lbs 3oz at birth. So, yes, he's my biggest baby!
Labor lasted 6 hours and 15 minutes. And, I was able to push him out in one contraction (less than 2 minutes of pushing!). I feel so fortunate/lucky to have had such an easy labor/delivery. I took advantage of the epidural, of course. And, while it doesn't take all the pain of labor/deliver away... it certainly makes the experience much less painful than I imagine it could be without it.
We left the hospital 25 hours after he was born... and shortly thereafter, we finally decided upon a name that seems to fit him quite perfectly.
The kids are over-the-moon in love with their new baby brother. Everyone wants to hold him and touch his little feet and hands, and give him lots of kisses. Gammy was also hear visiting for a few weeks, eagerly awaiting the birth so she could hold another grandbaby. And, Dan and I are in love with the little ball of baby!
Clearly.... Marco is already very much smothered with love and attention by all of us!
It's been busy around here... but I'll post a birth story in a separate blog post soon.
4 comments:
Many congratulations on your precious new little guy! What a handsome name you chose. ( Im envisioning yelling it up the stairs ;) and my tongue is getting tied just thinking about it!) All the best and congrats again.
Congratulations and happy mother's day to you!
Congratulations!!! He's gorgeous! :)
Congratulations!!! He is a handsome lil guy. Blessings to all of you!
Post a Comment