8/6/12

ARMY GUYS… with missing heads?

In May, our home was invaded by these little green men… army guys. Rocco love them. LOVES!

Rocco attended a birthday party last April, and there in his party favor bag were his first ever 5 army guys. Gammy saw him playing with them in May when she was visiting, and proceeded to tell Rocco all about the big bag of army guys she had at home. The original owners of these army guys she was referring to were my brother’s Mark and Dave. Gammy told Rocco that she would send Rocco the big bag of army guys when she got home.

Well, the minute Gammy left, Rocco started asking about the army guys. Much to our surprise, he would even ask to call her so he could find out when she was going to send them. Finally, the army guys arrived… and they have been played with every day since. Lots of battles set up on bedrails, in princess castles, in doll houses… even fighting super heroes. He’ll also use them as targets when shooting his nerf guns. And, Rocco and one of our neighbor boys also spend hours setting up and playing army guys with their tanks and airplanes in sand dunes and dirt piles. The imagination has gone wild with what these army men can and will do.

 
The funniest moment was when Rocco discovered one of the army men with a missing head (I’m guessing the result of my brother’s pyrotechnic skills)… he came running over to me yelling “MOM, MOM!!!! This army guy’s head is missing!!” I looked and said “Oh, wow… yikes!” Then, he ran off yelling “HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!”

I almost fell off my chair in shock and laughter! Of course, I pulled myself together rather quickly to do some proper parenting of the moment. But, it was definitely a Rocco moment I will never forget… I think he thought he shot the army guy’s head off.

No comments: