Well, this was a C.hristmas for the memory books!
I don't recall the 12 Days of C.hristmas song lyrics including "3 kids a puking", "2 parents getting their butts kicked" and "an 8 month old still awaaaaaake at 10pm"!
Unfortunately, those were our lyrics this C.hristmas.
That’s right. Our house got hit with a nasty stomach virus. It hit Rocco first. He was down and out hard for almost 2 days. It hit Gabby the next day, and she suffered through a tough 4 days. Giuliana started vomiting on the 3rd day. And, Dan was sick by day 4.
Thankfully, Marco and I took a pass on it. Which also meant, I was a very busy momma! I must have L.ysol’d the entire house twice in one weekend. It’s no easy task taking care of 3 sick babies, while trying to keep the breastfeeding infant healthy and fed and happy.
And, let’s face it, the stomach bug is just not meant for kids! Rocco has the best aim in the world when puking. He’ll even wakeup in the middle of the night and run to the toilet instead of just using the bowl by the bed. Gabby on the other hand… ugh! She somehow will be standing over the toilet and the puke goes everywhere. And, if she’s by a bowl, but not the toilet… she’ll run through the house to tell us she has to puke and then get there JUST in time to puke ALL over the bathroom. Let’s hope she grows out of this. Pronto! Giuliana on the other hand, I don’t know how she does it. But, my sweet little, delicate 2 year old never misses a bowl or the toilet.
Not only were our heads spinning with all the sickies, but I felt compelled to just sit with my babies and snuggle them on the sofa to help ease their misery and make them feel loved. Their tummies hurt, they didn’t want to eat anything, they needed extra love, and I just wanted it to take away all their pain and make them better.
Luckily, we were able to work in a number of the regular C.hristmas traditions before we got sick, and after. We got a beautiful C.hristmas tree. The E.lf on the Shelf arrived the day after Than.ksgiving. We spent a fun afternoon making gingerbread and butter cut-out cookies, and we visited Santa.
Thankfully, by December 26th, the kids seemed to finally be feeling better, but just didn’t have their appetites back yet. So, we missed C.hristmas Eve mass, and we didn’t have our usual lasagna for Ch.ristmas Eve dinner. I think we had chicken noodle soup and soda crackers. We ventured out of the house finally on the 28th, and even then, Giuliana ended up getting sick while we were sitting down in Nor.dstrom’s. So, she subsequently got a very expensive replacement purple outfit that she adored and ended up wearing a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment