10/18/12

Writing skills keep improving!


Rocco is getting so great at writing his letters and numbers.

One year ago, he had little interest in saying the alphabet, much less practicing writing letters or numbers. Now, not only is he holding his pencil like a first grader...but he seems to also enjoy practicing his writing. Getting to practice on a marker board definitely helps with the motivation a little bit too.

School days also result in a few letter or number oriented worksheet activities. I always enjoy seeing the work that comes home and he's always so proud to show me... as if to say "look how hard I worked at school today, mom!".

Rocco is also improving so much with his letter sounds, and number and letter recognition. So often, I'll find him watching and listening as Gabby reads books. And at times, he'll pretend to read books to himself. If Gabby says "Rocco, you're not REALLY reading.", it will start a little spat between the two of them. Regardless, he is realizing the connection between writing and reading and that is what I love.

No comments: