2/17/13

Marco is walking!

Wow! Stop the clock!!

Marco officially started walking today, February 17th, at 9.5 months of age. I can't decide if I'm excited or if I should cry! Maybe a little of both.

He walked twice today... taking five or more steps at a time. The first time, our entire family was up in the play room... and Marco stood up and took five steps walking right into my arms. He had a huge smile on his face and we were all so excited, I'm certain he knew he did something special. Then, just before I was about to put him to bed... he took another 6 steps right into my arms. Again, big smiles all over that little man's face.

Marco now holds the record in the house for being the youngest walker. Rocco previously held the record, as he started walking at 10 months. Giuliana walked at 11 months, Matteo at 13 months and Gabriella at 14 months.

When a baby starts walking, it definitely opens new doors of fun and independence and funny moments. But, you're also faced with the reality that they are growing up.

My baby is growing up. My last little baby is walking! Wow.

Time sure does fly by...

No comments: