3/24/13

A day of skiing!


I decided that we needed to take a quick trip up the mountain for a day of skiing fun! The kids have never been skiing before. And, I really enjoy skiing... so why not, right?

We had planned to make the 1.5 hour drive many times, especially during school breaks... but it seems the plans always got put on hold because someone got sick, or there was another child activity or commitment that had been made.

OH, and it is also not an easy thing to just drive up the mountain with your kids when you're a breastfeeding mommy. You are constantly attached to the baby, and having that sort of freedom (when they won't take a bottle) just does not exist. Well... stay tuned for that post next, because Marco is also done with the boob! YAY!

Anyway, I took the two big kids up into the Cascades for a day of skiing fun. We ALL had a blast. And, I think I created two little skiing monsters, as I practically had to drag them off the mountain.

Gabby LOVED it and while she was frustrated for the first 30 mins of her lesson, one hour into it - she was hooked! Rocco also loved it and clearly had no fear, as the little guy preferred to go speeding straight down the bunny hill without doing any sort of turning action. Gabby was good at continuing to practice her turns even well after her class had ended.

I can't wait to take them both up the mountain again for some more skiing!

Oh, and for the record, Dan was busy at home being super-daddy with the two little kids. It was a gorgeous sunny day, so he took them on a trail run and out for ice cream. (And watched a lot of hoops and enjoyed naps on the sofa!)

No comments: