7/27/07

Another angel among us - Friday, July 27, 2007

Today I am 12 weeks along.

The babies now measure about 2 inches in length. I've gained 6.5lbs. It's not the 8-12lbs they wanted me to gain by 12 weeks which is a bummer—but VERY hard to do. I can't remember ever eating constantly, not exercising, and having such a hard time gaining weight. I'm practically a food machine. Also, my belly popped. I wasn't this big with Gabby until I was at least 18 weeks along. In looking back at photos, I don't think I even popped a belly with Gabby until about 15 or 16 weeks. I guess this is normal with a multiple pregnancy though. Apparently, twin pregnancy bellies measure 6-8 weeks ahead, and triplet bellies can measure up to 10 weeks ahead.

It's getting difficult to strategically hold papers over my mid-section when up & about at work, so I’ll probably tell my employer soon. With Gabby I could hardly wait to share our wonderful news. And, with this pregnancy… it seems I want to crawl into a hole and I could wait until the babies arrive to announce the pregnancy. The stress of the multiple pregnancy can really take a toll on ones emotions.

To help fuel what I'm sure will be a lifelong emotional roller coaster, we now know that Baby C is an angel in Heaven. I've cried more tears than I've ever cried in my life. And, I know I will never go a day without thinking about Baby C. The most difficult thing for me down the road may be when people refer to Baby A and Baby B as the "twins"... when really, they started out as a triplets.

People tell me with the best intentions that "God only gives you what you can handle". And while I respect that saying and appreciate the thought behind it... at times I'm not sure I believe it. While there might truly be a plan for each and every one of us… it’s hard to swallow when plans come to an end, unforeseen health complications enter our lives or when we're faced with life situations that one wouldn't wish upon their worst enemy.

We are so thankful for such supportive family and friends. Please keep these babies in your thoughts and prayers, and help us find comfort in knowing there is another angel among us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jodi & Dan -
You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. We are looking forward to spending time with you and Gabby in a couple of weeks.
Love,
Laura Butler

kathelen said...

You are amazing parents! We love all of you and we're here if you need us. Hope to see you soon.
Love, kathleen, Michael, Livy & Maddy