10/26/07

25 weeks & counting... Friday - October 26, 2007.

25 weeks – hooray! But, we’re still hoping for 11 more weeks until we meet the boys.

We had another growth ultrasound on Thursday and found out both boys are doing very well. The current stats are:
Baby A: 1lb 14oz (63%)
Baby B: 1lb 13 oz (62%)

The percentage is where they stand comparatively in growth with the average singleton pregnancy. Apparently, this is impressive for twins as both my MD’s commented on how pleased they were with the babies’ growth. Obviously great news, as we already know they’ll arrive early and that every ounce of weight will be important from this point forward.

My cervix is still measuring short at 1.5 – 2 cm. But, thankfully it’s still closed. They also did another FFN test and that came back negative again. So, while it’s not as accurate for twin pregnancies… the results are “supposed” to somewhat reassure me that I won’t go into labor within 14 days of the test. The FFN test is more accurate for singleton pregnancies… but I figure they probably do it for a reason. Whether it’s just to reassure me or give us all warning of the possible early onset of labor – right now we’re happy with the test results.

I’m still having contractions and my MD’s said those will most likely continue throughout the pregnancy. I was told that if I have contractions like last Wednesday again (7 min’s apart for 2 hours), that I need to call my MD’s cell and go into L&D.

I’ve now gained 30lbs – the same amount of weight I had gained with Gabby @ 40 weeks and 3 days! FREAKY! Oh well… I know it’s important to gain extra with the twin pregnancy. The MD’s ideal weight gain for me by 28 weeks is 38lbs. Not sure 8lbs in 3 weeks is possible…

I have the MD’s approval to continue working for now – which is great! But, I am still required to stay off my feet as much as possible. And, I need to continue with my current work schedule of working in the office 2 days/week and from home 3 days/week. It’s a bit of a bummer… as I get a little stir crazy spending most of my days trying to lay and sit down, interacting with coworkers only through email, YM and cell. Not to mention the fact that we’re still in the rental house until the end of November… so I’m also pent up in a house that doesn’t feel like “home”. I’m SO EAGER to move back home!

Dan continues to be SO wonderful and helpful. What would I do without him & Gabby!? I can’t even begin to imagine…

No comments: