4/3/08

12 weeks old today! Thursday - April 3, 2008












Life has been CRAZY busy lately. And I have a feeling I'll continue to feel that way and say that for the next few years. It’s almost as if every day needs to include some sort of drama.

Oh, and after last week, I am convinced we’re funding Dr. O’s children’s college educations. Seriously. We had 6 (yes SIX!) visits to the pediatrician because of ear infections last week (oh, and Gabby’s ear ruptured… ugh!). Trust me when I say I was not happy about dropping $210 on co-pays. DANG! I remember the glory days of spending that on a pair of sexy jeans. Some people choose shoes or maybe hand bags. My indulgence? Jeans. And it sort of has been ever since I was a kid and my dad brought me home my first jean jumpsuit with a rainbow belt and fish patch on the knee. Don’t laugh – it was hot at the time. I’d post a photo if I had access to my mom’s albums… lord knows I wore that jumpsuit out. ANYWAY… the glory days of personal spending indulgence are sooooooooooo gone. Total blur in the memory…

At least the boys are finally sleeping better. Matteo has now given us 5 nights with a 9 hour sleep stretch (not consecutive nights), and Rocco gave us his first 9 hour sleep stretch last night. I think we're just a few weeks away from developing some consistency with morning and afternoon nap schedules. Apparently, it takes premature babies a bit longer to fall into a sleep routine. I must say… I am SO EXCITED about getting the boys on a sleep schedule. That’s something we were never able to do with Gabby at the start since she was a bundle of colic.

Anyway, here are some photos of our little 12 weekers… and actually, there’s nothing little about these guys. They’re HUGE!

Rocco:


Matteo:

No comments: