I’ll preface this entry by saying I truly love my husband dearly.
However, I don’t know any women (even those of us with momnesia) who have such issues when it comes to lists or toothpaste. It must be a man thing…
LISTS:
I made 3 lists and even reviewed them together with my husband prior to his 3 trips to the grocery store (over the course of 3 days, mind you). And I still didn’t get the final item I needed to make a simple dinner. All I needed was:
- chicken breasts
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 can Cream of Celery soup
- 1 onion
- cooking wine
- shredded cheddar cheese
The cans of soup completely threw the poor man. First trip to the store: he came home with 1 can Cream of Mushroom, 1 can Cream of Chicken and he went bagel on the Cream of Celery soup. Second trip to the store: he brought home 1 can of Cheddar Cheese (I didn’t even know Campbell’s put cheese in cans) and 1 can of Cream of Chicken… still no Cream of Celery. Third trip to the store: he completely forgot the can of Cream of Celery soup on the list (a NEW list with more stuff on it). So, I decided to just hit the store myself… this was getting far too painful.
BTW: This is also the man who brings home “Cool Whip” whenever I put “Miracle Whip” on the grocery list. Even AFTER I make fun of him every time this happens. Good lord…
TOOTHPASTE HOARDING:
The other night I found myself wondering why the new tube of toothpaste I recently opened had disappeared. Where in the world could it be? I literally opened it last week. It couldn’t be gone already, right?! Then I get to thinking… hmmm… this has happened quite a bit in the past 2 months. I don’t get it. Is there a toothpaste black hole in our house or do the Martino’s just go through massive amounts of toothpaste? Doesn’t seem possible. So I start looking through drawers…
Aha! My husband is SO guilty of toothpaste hoarding. Seriously, super-guilty. I found 7 large tubes (I’m not kidding – SEVEN!) of opened toothpaste. Most were half used and a few close to empty. All are squished from the middle mind you… so all the toothpaste is stuck in the bottom half of the tubes and none at the top. So sorry if you’re reading this and are guilty of squishing your toothpaste from the middle and not pushing all the bottom toothpaste to the top. But seriously… that habit is VERY annoying to us who keep squeezing from the bottom. Seriously. Totally annoying. Anyway… in addition to the 7 large tubes, there were 2 medium sized tubes and several small travel tubes. WEIRD! So… because I only have limited amounts of time to actually talk with my husband these days… I decided to just take all 7 large tubes out of his drawer and put them back in the top drawer.
I’ll choose my battles. Who can waste time arguing about toothpaste. Honestly.
Again... love my husband to bits. Really honey... I do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mean!
Post a Comment