Life is so busy for us right now. The boys hit the 3 month milestone last Thursday. I can’t believe it. CRAZY!Developmentally, I think we’re a little behind where Gabby was at this point. But, that’s normal for pre-term babies. Both boys have entered the stage of getting interactive… talking (cooing) and smiling at us. They will sometimes giggle or scream when watching big sister Gabby. She likes to dance around and sing to them. Gabby will frequently serenade us and anyone who calls us with “ABCD…”, “Twinkle, Twinkle”, and “Rubber Ducky”… all in that order.
The next pediatrician appointment is in May, so I don’t have any 3 month growth stats to share. But, I think Matteo is now pushing 15lbs and Rocco must be over 14lbs now too.
We have our good days and we have our challenging days. We’re still not on a real schedule of any sort, but apparently that is also quite normal at this age for pre-term babies. Sleep still is questionable at night, but both have shown us they know when it’s night-time. Matteo is the better sleeper in that he’s slept for more longer stretches than Rocco (9 hours has been his best). But, Rocco has the ability to somewhat put himself to sleep when we know he’s tired without too much drama. He’ll fuss for less than 10 minutes and POW… he’s asleep! I think Gabby cried for 2.5 hours at one point before she fell asleep. The whole sleep training thing just didn’t jive with her. Knock on wood… but I think the boys will sleep train just fine!
Gabby singing:


Matteo:

1 comment:
Aww! What cute kids you have. They are beautiful!
Post a Comment