
I am REALLY behind with blogging. Life has been crazy-busy for us since mid-April... but I'll save that news for another blog post.
We celebrated my birthday and Mother's Day a day early this year due to Dan's travel schedule. While he had planned a night out alone for the two of us, I decided that I'd rather do a big family date. For so many reasons... one being that I wanted to celebrate my kids. I wanted to have fun with my living children and enjoy them instead of focusing on the fact that sadness crept into our home last July 5th. And, it's easier to focus on that when I'm not engulfed in chaos. I didn't want to focus on how absolutely sick I feel every time I think about the fact that Matteo is no longer physically with us.

Because of our loss, Mother's Day will probably forever be very different for me. By different, I mean that it may forever be more of a day to celebrate my children and how lucky I am to be their mommy versus feeling that I deserve a day of pampering.
So, we went out to a fabulous burger joint where we could watch a little live concert while we ate. The kids ended up dancing on the stage with a bunch of other kids and it added a whole new level of fun to the night. After finally dragging the kids off the stage, we hit one a favorite cupcake bakery and called it a night.

Gabby was beyond excited about the cupcakes. She asked about them every 2 minutes on the car ride home. The cupcakes were my birthday cake... so I was SUPER excited too. I love specialty cupcakes. Love them. Red velvet's are the best. Coconut are second best. Anyway, we get home... I set the cupcakes on the counter, reminding Gabby that she couldn't open or touch the box until I was able to help her. I ran upstairs to change Giuliana's diaper. I come back downstairs, and Gabby is holding the cupcake box and proceeds to tell me they "fell on the floor".

Yeah. Right. I'm sure they just fell onto the floor all by themselves. Maybe they even jumped onto the floor. Uh huh... with no help from the 4 year old, of course.
So, I opened up the box... and well... they were smashed up against one side of the box and no longer looking fancy or fabulous. Just my luck. Oh well. They were just cupcakes, right?
So here I am sharing a photo of my pathetic and sad looking cupcakes, as well as 3 of my darling kiddos. BTW, the cupcakes still were very yummy.
1 comment:
Sounds like a lovely birthday! Even squashed cupcakes look delicious :)
Post a Comment