8/24/10

COUSINS!

It's so fun to see the kids play with their cousins!

At the beginning of August they were able to see and play with Alexa and Callie (Shanghai, China) for a day before they headed back home to China. And, they've been able to play with Maddy and Emily who live in Minnesota, quite a bit. The only cousins missing from the fun summer get-togethers were Matteo, Ellie and Maya. Ellie and Maya live in Alaska.



Playing has consisted of lots of swimming in the lake, boating, playing soccer, computer games, building forts, watching cartoons, eating lunches/dinners, and pretending Giuliana is like everyone's real, living baby doll. Seriously. All the little girls want to help feed her, entertain her, dress her, and change her. And, Giluliana has been held a LOT by little people in the past 4 weeks! She's such a good baby!

The kids all played so nice together and Alexa (the oldest by approx 6 years) was the best mommy's helper. She helped me with Giuliana and always made sure to include Rocco in activities. Rocco seems to not get too flustered by all the girls bossing him around. And oddly enough, he and Emily get along really well. Emily is so quiet and sweet... she'll calmly direct Rocco as to how the fort should be built and Rocco thinks is the greatest thing in the world that this cute little girl is giving him all of her attention. Rocco seemed to only really be bothered once by the girl madness, and he said "Those girls are MEAN!"

What I wouldn't give to see Matteo here with his brother, giving all those girls a run for their money. I can only imagine the 8:2 ratio wouldn't even impact the powers of those two little dudes.

1 comment:

Bárbara said...

Hi, my name is Bárbara, I'm 29 years old and I’m a psychologist. I'm brazilian so my English is not very good.
Your story touched me and I felt compelled to write you some words. I don’t have any kids so I can’t even imagine what you and your family went throught and I know that there are no words of comfort that can be truly effective.
When I think of Matteo, I see him as a superior spirit and that he didn’t need much time to complete his mission on earth. He is a spirit of light, an angel. I hope that with time your pain subsides, because for a long time is normal nothing seems to make sense. The loss change everything in your life and you not return to be the person that you were before. It’s a process of change in the family, and all of you will have to learn to live without the physical presence of Matteo.
I’m a Spiritualist and I belive that when a child dies, maybe it was not their time, or perhaps they had already learned their lesson for this life and so their passing was meant to be short or the lesson that needed to be learned in this life was meant for it's parents and not for itself.
You still have three beautiful children and they make you keep going and that beautiful little boy will always be with you in your heart.