8/24/10

Zoo fun!














I am sooooo behind with blog posts! Ack! I guess this business of living like a gypsy and vacationing is a lot crazier than I expected. Our new au pair arrives on Friday night and we're all looking forward to it!













Next week... I'm hoping to catch-up on blog posts, laundry, running, and planning for the big move into our new house!

We visited the Minnesota Zoo a few weeks ago and it was AWESOME!! All of the exhibits are so clean, so well thought out, and the animals have TONS of beautifully landscaped living space so you don't feel bad for them. Gabby's favorite animals were the dolphins and the grizzlies. Rocco's favorites were grizzlies, tigers and sharks. Giuliana's favorite? Hmmmm... the monkeys? Matteo would have loved it too... one of his favorite things to say before he died was "WOW wow wow wow wow!" whenever he was in awe of something. I think we would have heard a LOT of WOW's from our little dude that day. Sure do miss our little guy...

We were able to get within 4 inches of the grizzlies and the tigers, thanks to the genius of glass walls. Too bad I just brought my pocket camera instead of the SLR.

I am still amazed at the length of the bear's claws and how HUGE their heads were. I definitely wouldn't want to bump into one of those in the great outdoors! Two of my brothers did on a family trip to Alaska back in the 90's... but that's another story. ;)

Anyway... way to go Minnesota with the fantastic zoo! We hope to visit you at least once more before we're off to our new home. Rumor has it that another fabulous zoo is real close to our new home.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Looks like a blast! Such sweet kiddos :-)