The baby name saga/debate continues… meanwhile, the little guy is literally due any day.
I am beginning to wonder if he is just not coming because he knows his parents can’t come to agreement on what his name should be. And, if that’s the case, I’m really worried… because I don’t know that we’ll actually be able to agree upon a name.
Rocco is convinced we should name his new baby brother Sandiego. This is his interpretation of Dan’s grandfather’s name, Santiago. Dan has always liked that name – mainly because he has strong emotional ties to it. Me, not so much. Rocco thinks Sandiego = Santiago. Dan and I both find this hilarious.
Gabby thinks we should name the baby Cruz or Rex. She and mommy both agree on the name Cruz. Rex is a name we had tossed into the name circle months ago, and it’s not a name that ever stuck on either Dan or I. Apparently, it did on Gabby.
Gabby and Rocco have also both asked numerous times if we could name the baby Matteo. Bless their little hearts…
Giuliana of course has no real opinion. But, I can tell she is easily entertained by the constant name debate happening in this house lately.
Dan’s favorites at this point in the game are Enzo, Marco, and Dario.
My favorite (as of 3 weeks ago) is Cruz. Yes, I know… it is not sticking to the Italian theme. It’s branching out and going the Spanish route. But, I just like the name… to me it’s strong and solid, and unique enough. It also seems to fit well with the other kids’ names.
So… this is our 5th child. But, it MIGHT be the first time we leave the hospital with a baby that does not yet have a name. Good grief!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Cruz is a great name. What about the middle name?
I love the Italian theme you have for you kids names :) but I also think Cruz is a great name.
I wanted to suggest a name that I think is beautiful and goes good with the Italian theme : "Luca"
Here's the meaning I found on behindthename.com
LUCA
GENDER: Masculine
USAGE: Italian, Romanian, German
Meaning & History
Italian and Romanian form of LUKE. This name was borne by Luca della Robbia, a Renaissance sculptor from Florence.
I love all your kids names and I'm sure you'll come up with a beautiful name for baby #5.
I think you should go with one of Dan's picks, that way both your boy's Rocco and the baby's names will end in the hard "O" sound, as both the girl's names start with a "G". I was going to say Marco for sure for the "M" significance to Matteo, but then remembered you mentioned the middle name would be Matteo? So perhaps Dario, thats a very handsome name I think. Good luck!
Cruz is a nice name!
Luca sounds pretty too and I always liked Gino as well :))
I'm sure you'll find a wonderful name for your baby !
<3
Post a Comment