7/17/12

Rocco must think I'm not so bright...

Rocco & Gabby have soccer camp this week. Dan did the drop off and pick-up yesterday. And, since he’s traveling for the rest of this week, I took over that duty today. On the way to camp this morning, Rocco said “Mom, do you know where you’re going? I’m pretty sure you’re going the wrong way, Mom.” I had to assure him that I DID in fact know where I was going. Then, he proceeded to ask me the same questions two more times.

Once we arrived at camp, I walked Gabby and Rocco to the area where all the kids had dropped their backpacks and belongings on the field. I had Marco with me in the infant car seat and so I set it down next to me while I watched them set their items down. I was looking forward to seeing them run into the group huddle, etc. Anyway, the second Rocco put his backpack down, he turned and looked at me and said “Mom, you’re supposed to leave. Then come back and get us later.” How crazy-funny is that!? He’s FOUR. Was he somewhat embarrassed that I was possibly going to *hang out* at his soccer practice? OR did he think I didn't know what to do next? Gosh. I was slightly offended (after laughing hard inside!). Of course, there were a bunch of moms just hanging out watching. I think I got the boot though!

Kids can be so funny!

No comments: