Yes, reality of this “triplet” situation has started to set in. Since the unexpected news last Tuesday, today is the first day I have:
1. Not cried.
2. Laughed out loud with a friend about the whole situation.
3. Had somewhat of an open mind about the potential that three children might be joining my world in approximately 25.5 weeks (since most triplets are born at 33 weeks).
4. Touched base with the high-risk MD office to see when I can schedule an appointment to discuss the risks/complications and schedule of appointments that would be needed for a triplet or twin pregnancy.
5. Wondered if I would end up on bed rest, with preeclampsia or something worse.
6. Wished that God could tell me when these babies would actually arrive. Would they arrive before 28 weeks? If so, would any/all die because of their early arrival?
7. Truly decided that Dan & my marriage is strong enough to handle anything… and that while having triplets would be incredibly stressful, Team Martino would pull through just fine and even stronger than before.
8. Felt sadness at the thought of possibly loosing one of these three miracle babies even though I know it would be safer for all should that in fact happen. Amazing how quickly a mother’s bond begins developing.
9. Wondered what kind of car the Martino’s would need to drive 4 kids under the age of 2.5 yrs old around.
10. Contemplated having Juneau become an “outdoor dog”. Poor little Juneau has no clue about this yet.
11. Thought about how I would hire a night nurse several nights a week during the first 4 months. How would we find one… and more importantly, how would we pay for one!
12. Thought seriously about whom from my family I can recruit to help me for a while and how I can bribe them to stay for longer than a week or two!
13. Wondered how many pounds I will gain (c’mon… any woman is bound to wonder this).
14. Wonder if my husband will still love me if I become heavier than him.
15. Wondered if I would fit into the “big” pants I bought while pregnant with Gabby that I never ended up fitting into.
16. Wondered how much it costs to buy two rows of seats on an airplane? We WILL need family vacations at some point, right?!
17. Wondered just exactly how many extra calories I get to eat every day now that I'm eating for FOUR!! Seriously never thought I'd ever wonder something like that.
18. Wondered when my stubbornness and “step-it-up, Jodi” attitude will pull me out of the depression funk that seems to have devoured me this past week.
Anyway, now that I’m expecting triplets and I know every dollar saved counts… this is my therapy. There will be no hiring of shrinks… there will be no throwing money in lucky fountains.
Big hugs to all. Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jodi and Dan, you are amazing! Jodi, you have such strength to even be able to verbalize your thoughts and fears and joys so eliquently. Thank you for sharing. I am so happy to hear you call your little ones, "Miracle babies," because that is exactly what they are. And I am so happy to hear your faith in Dan, and yourself, and a higher power, because this is what is going to get you through this time. Whatever happens, you know that Team Grabscheid will be there to root you on. And it pleases me that your happy day was on June 25th, my birthday. love love, Julie
Post a Comment