9/11/08

We've hit eight months! Friday - September 12, 2008

The boys hit EIGHT MONTHS old this week. I can hardly believe it.

Time really flies when you're busy! And, I mean B-U-S-Y. So busy that on most days, the first time you sit down to enjoy a quiet moment to yourself just happens to be around 11pm. It's the first time you're not worrying if everyone's ok and fed, or picking up the crap on the floor that surrounds your feet, doing more laundry, thinking about work deadlines, etc.

But, things around here seem to just keep getting more fun and a tad bit easier every day. Well… kind of. I mean, we do still deal with the bumps & bruises, challenges of juggling 3 small kids, tantrums, juggling our jobs with family life, etc. Hmmmm… ok, maybe it isn’t really getting easier yet. Does parenting ever get easier though? I mean… are we going to think being a parent is easier when the kids are 18? I think NOT! ;-)

Recent noteworthy news in the Martino house includes:
* Matteo is holding his own bottle. He doesn’t hold it consistently… but hey, I’ll take ANY sort of help at this point.

* Rocco is EVERYWHERE climbing EVERYTHING. Climbing favorites include the stairs, kitchen cabinets, dishwasher, and the sofa.

* Matteo is on the verge of crawling. He’s up on all 4’s… moving knees and hands. Just not at the same time. I think he’ll officially be crawling in another week or two.

* Gabby is now in the older preschool, with the older kids (ages 3-4) and new teachers. She’s settled in and one of her teachers told Dan at pick-up time today that she’s a definite *leader* on the playground. Is that *preschool code* for slightly bossy? I have absolutely no idea where she would get that from. Seriously. Erhmmm…

* Rocco now jumps in his chair and screams at us simultaneously when he’s really hungry. No really. The child jumps while sitting. A lot. So much in fact that I’m scared to leave the kid alone in his chair and I wouldn’t dream of leaving him unbuckled. Kids like Rocco are THE REASON safety belts were installed in random infant chairs. I never buckled Gabby into anything when she was a kid… well, except for her car seat, of course. I never had to worry about her doing chair dives or anything.

Now for some photo cuteness... I'll post some video soon too:

No comments: