1/6/09

BIG girl bed!

And... Gabby is finally sleeping in her own big girl bed at night, without Dan or I having to lay down with her!
For the past week or so, Dan or I has brought up her "drinkies", read her a few stories, and then turned on her "moon" light (ceiling light dimmed). And, then he or I will kiss her goodnight and leave the door open a bit.
Last night there was a little hiccup in the process...
I heard little footsteps run down the hall toward our bedroom. I heard our door open. And then I heard it shut. Next I hear little footsteps running back down the hall toward her room and then her crying (via the monitor). Dan went in to see what was wrong and she said she couldn't see her baby so he turned the moon light up a bit.

Then, at about 3:30am, our bedroom door flies open and a little monkey crawled into bed. She said "I slept like a big girl for a little while. Not for very long. But, it's dark. I need to snuggle you now mommy."
I have to say that I actually welcomed it. You can't get better nighttime snuggles than from this little monkey-girl. Not much in life is sweeter than this.
And, we slept happily ever after.

No comments: