7/31/10

Giuliana's 6 Month Update!

Little Giuliana turned six months old mid-July! Sadly, I seem to just be catching up with myself but I wanted to still include a little Giuls update because she has changed SO much since her 5 month update.








Giuliana's 6 month stats:
Weight: 12lbs 14oz ( 3rd %ile)
Height: 27 inches ( 90th %ile)
Head: 17cm (75th %ile)

Her growth stats are very similar to what Gabby's were at this age... although Giuilana is taller. I believe Gabby was 65th %ile for height at 6 months. I would really love to start fattening Giuls up with baby food... but she still has no interest in actually eating any solids. She will open her mouth up for me to put the spoon in... and then she spits all the food out. So, Giuliana is still on a breast milk only diet.

Some of Giuliana's new things include:
* Sitting on her own! She started doing this in early July and keeps getting more & more balance.
* Rolling and spinning on her back and tummy which allows her to sort of chase toys of interest. I'll set a toy off to her side and she'll somehow find a way to roll and spin to get it.
* Standing. She LOVES to practice her standing while we hold her hands. She smiles real big as if to tell us "Look! I can do it too!!" Her legs have gotten so strong.
* Interest in sippy cups. She watches Rocco & Gabby drink from them... and has several times reached out for their cups, grabbed them and brought them to her mouth.
* Screams, grunts, and groans to "tell us" that she's happy or sad, that she wants something, or wants to change positions.
* She's started saying "na na na" and "ahhhhh"
* Grabbing and reaching for everything that mommy's holding and everything she shouldn't be touching. And everything goes directly to the mouth, of course.
* She's great at grabbing small/skinny items and she can pass them from one hand to the other.
* LOVES being entertained by Gabby and Rocco. They'll actually fight over who gets to bring her toys or who can dance to make her laugh first. So funny!
* Bashful/shy side. I'll be holding her and Dan or Sarah or a complete stranger will come over to us and start smiling at her and talking to her. She'll give a big smile and then hide her face in my shoulder. It's so cute!
* Sleeping on her side seems to now be her preferred sleep position. I'll always lay her down on her back but find that she's rolled onto her side. I've also busted her on her tummy a number of times which of course freaks me out for all the obvious reasons. So, I seem to be in this mode where I'll put her on her back (even if it wakes her up) as many times as needed even if I'm up in the middle of the night for hours with an upset baby who wants to be a tummy sleeper. During the day, I can logically tell myself she'll be fine. But, at night, all I can think of is "what if Matteo really died of SIDS?" and then I can't allow myself to sleep until I know she's on her back.












Giuliana still has no teeth... but seems to have teething pains all the time. (Dear teeth: PLEASE COME SOON!!).

I gave her the official "first haircut" because she had a patch of hair on top of her head and behind her two ears with hair that was approx 3 inches long. So, it was looking kind of silly. Now it's all sort of the same length.

Giuliana has started to like her daddy. She thinks he's funny and will giggle and laugh at him. And, Dan has started to interact with her more as well. It's funny how men in general really don't begin "bonding" with a baby until the baby hits about 6mnths and has personality.

Still no interest in solid baby foods. I'll try to feed her solids twice a day for 2-3 days in a row, and then take a break. She's just not having it. Of all my kids, Gabby took to solids the best and was eating them happily every day by 5 months.

I'm really behind in blog posts. Life has been incredibly busy over the past few months and I haven't posted a Gabby update in ages. She has grown and changed SO much as a little person in the past year. Matteo's death has had a huge impact on her life and daily activities and she talks about him a lot, every day. I'm hoping to add another Rocco update again soon too!
























No comments: