My children, like most children these days, are not used to watching TV commercials. Most of the TV shows they watch are shows that have been prerecorded. Or, they are shows that they can watch via a tablet device of some sort. My kids, like most kids know full well how to operate all such devices... from turning it on, to finding and choosing a show, to starting it.
Over the past 3-4 months, Giuliana has become familiar with TV commercials. By mistake, of course. If a toy commercial comes on, she seems to be fascinated by it. She will drop whatever, and yell "Mommy, can I have that?!" She'll give me those big puppy dog eyes and a very excited look... leaving me no choice but to say "Sure!", or "Of course you can!" Giuliana will smile and get all excited and then yell "Thank you, Momma!!"
It is so awful... but I love this! It's so funny how she truly does ask for any toy that she sees on a TV ad. And, then, she feels completely satisfied if I reply yes. She never, ever brings up the toys she's asked for again. It's like I'm giving her the satisfaction she needs right there - just by saying yes.
Sometimes, if she sees the commercial again... she'll yell to Gabby or Rocco "OH, I HAVE THAT!" And, Gabby and Rocco, depending on their mood, will either try to tell her she doesn't have it, or they'll look at me and giggle, asking if Giuilana really does have it.
My little Giuliana... gosh I love that girl! I wish all kids were this simple and easy to please!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment