3/14/08

9.5 weeks old! Monday – March 17, 2008

The twins hit 2 months last Monday. My how time flies when you’re so busy you can’t think straight.

We visited the pediatrician for their 2 month appointment on Thursday and the boys have clearly been busy growing. Both are now on the percentile charts for height and weight… quite the accomplishment for preemie babes. And, Matteo has already more than doubled his birth weight… CRAZY!

Two month stats are:
Rocco:
11 lbs and 22 inches (30th %ile for weight & 25th %ile for height)
Matteo: 11 lbs 10 oz and 22 ¼ inches (45th % & 25th %)

Mornings tend to be the craziest time of day for us lately as the boys seem to have shark-like feeding frenzies. They just can’t decide how much food makes them happy. Then, Gabby… well, I’m lucky if I can get her to eat something in the morning. I usually consider it a super-successful morning if the following has happened by 1pm:
* contacts in (glasses off!)
* twins have had 3 feedings and are down for nap #3
* Gabby has eaten breakfast and/or lunch
* night dishwasher load emptied* bottles prepped for the afternoon & evening
* nobody has thrown-up on me
* mommy has eaten breakfast (or ANYTHING with calories)
* mommy has brushed teeth & showered
* Dan & I have smiled at OR talked to each other about something other than babies

On Thursday night, Matteo decided to gift us with 9 straight hours of sleep! That’s right… the little fella’ decided to sleep from 5:45pm – 2:45am. HALLELUJAH! Too bad I wasn’t in bed until midnight… sigh.

As a result of Thursday, all day Friday I was so excited… thinking we had finally started to turn the sleep corner. Both boys were in bed at 6:30pm and I was envisioning jumping into bed early… maybe even with an US Weekly magazine (they’ve been calling out to me and I just haven’t had the time to read them… I know… pathetic!), and sleeping undisturbed for a nice long stretch. Stupid me. Seriously. Both boys proceeded to wake up around 9:30/10pm... and there I was up with two unhappy babes until 2 a.m. DANG! And, for the past few nights they’ve been so ornery at night… as if to say “mom, you SO didn’t think we were going to start a sleep schedule, did you?” Blech!

The boys look so different now – I’ll post recent photos soon side-by-side with photos from the first week home.

No comments: