It takes a small miracle to load two big babes (10+ lbs at the time) into the back row of seating in that vehicle. No sexy jeans should be worn (for fear of what bystanders might witness). And, core muscles are essential… which I of course have absolutely NONE of right now since my belly was stretched to China and back.

I love the Sequoia. Honestly. BUT… it is absolutely impossible to fit 3 car seats (2 being infant car seats) across in one row. Not to mention the fact that our second row of seating just has 2 bucket seats (seemed like SUCH a great idea pre-kids). Then you ask – oh, so why don’t you just put the infant car seats in the second row of seating so you don’t have to break your back, right?! GREAT IDEA… BUT… because infant car seats have the bases that stay in the vehicle, you can’t flip the seats forward to get access to the back row. And, I would need access to the back row to buckle Gabriella in. Realistically, she’d probably think it was fantastic if I threw her over the second row of seating. But yeah… that would be a bad parenting moment.
The boys will only continue to get bigger. They’re pushing 12lbs… and there are TWO of them. Gabby, mind you, was only 15lbs 8oz at her ONE YEAR appointment! Yes… you see where I’m going. Situation isn’t going to get better until at least one child isn’t in a car seat. And, with the rate at which Gabby gains weight… her brothers may just beat her out of a car seat.
Dan’s analysis of the situation:
We’ve hit the TIPPING POINT, my friends. Having 3 kids under 3 pretty much means we’ve entered the mini-van market. Yes. I know. I was never a fan. Suddenly – it’s calling to me… “No more back pain!”
Stay tuned…
No comments:
Post a Comment