Today's highlights:
1. Matteo diagnosed with an ear infection. Needs medication.
2. Need new windshield in the Mercedes... there's a big monster crack right in the center of it.
3. I sat in W.algreens waiting for Matteo's Rx for 20 minutes. They finally tell me they’re out of the medication. But, they'll have it Monday morning for me. And I should be excited about that? I asked them to call around to another W.algreens. Someone’s gotta have it. Should I have to ask them to do that? I waited another 10 minutes while they start calling around. Finally, I ask them to call my cell when they figure it out.
4. Marcela, our au pair, calls from New York's JFK airport. She didn't get on her morning flight. I couldn’t hear why because 2 kids were screaming. But, she said she'd instead be getting on a direct flight that would land her at SFO at 10:30pm. Poor thing... she must be exhausted. Now I begin to worry about her... wondering if she's ok. Well, she has our telephone number. She's a smart girl. She'll be fine.
5. I finally pick up the 3rd bag of Y.ellow Pages telephone books sitting on my doorstep in the past 2.5 weeks. What? Another freaking bag of telephone books? You've GOT to be kidding me. Who's joke is this? First of all - I never use telephone books. I dial 411 or use G.oogle. Secondly, I never use our home phone. I'm not even sure why we have a home phone. Thirdly... I need to figure out who’s idea it is to *put your bag of telephone books on the Martino doorstep*. Honestly, I would die a happy person if I never saw another Y.ellow Pages book. What a waste of paper. Ok. Now, I'll probably regret saying that tomorrow... lord knows SOMETHING will happen now where I need the stupid Y.ellow Pages. Argh.
6. Dan went to pick up Matteo's Rx from a different W.algreens this afternoon. I happily open up the Rx bottle. Directions say: "Shake liquid well. Give 4 ml by mouth for 10 days..." I look at the bottle about ready to shake... "WHAT?!? They gave us POWDER?! You've GOT to be kidding me?! Dumb#%^s!"
7. I call W.algreens and explain the situation nicely and calmly. They tell me "Oh yeah - we were supposed to mix that before we gave it to you." Ya think? Duh. "Please bring it back so we can mix it." I wanted to ask them if they could please come to me. And now I'm thinking... hmmm... maybe I should enter the documentary film industry. The likes of M.ichael Moore could have a field day with this. Clearly, we can't be the only people who have been given medications with some sort of mistake.
8. Gabby's quiet. Wait... Gabby's quiet! Me: "Gabby, where are you and what are you doing?" I find her upstairs in my carpeted makeup room, sitting on the granite countertop with an open bottle of nailpolish. Me: "Gabby - freeze! You're not allowed to play with nail polish." Gabby: "Mommy, my nails need to be red".
9. Marcela calls again. What?! She's calling again? She should be on her flight right now. Poor, sweet Marcela!! She proceeds to tell me that her flight is delayed and they now *think* it will take off from New York around 9:30pm, but can't guarantee it because of a bad cell of thunderstorms over New York. I feel horrible for her. I wish I could just drive over and pick her up. She sounds tired, sad and lonely... and here she is in a foreign country, different language, etc. She says she's ok now that she's talked to me. She'll call with another update when she can. I tell her I'll keep checking for updates online. If only you could hug someone through the phone.
10. I begin to wonder what time I’ll be driving to the airport… we’re already pushing 2am’ish. Poor Marcela will be exhausted and hungry. Maybe I should take a nap - it's going to be a long night. Oh wait... I have 3 kids. Nap? Nope.
11. Tried to call my mom to vent the day's frustrations. She doesn't answer her phone.
Ok. Glad I vented all of that. Now I'm going to step outside, take a deep breath and go run 4 miles. Then maybe I can re-gather myself.
And I bet Sharon Stone would tell me all of the above was an "act of karma".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment