
Thanks to my parents and our au pair, Julia… Dan, Gabby and I were able to enjoy a little vacation! We spent 5 days in Cabo San Lucas and it was great!
I was SO beyond excited to get a few nights of uninterrupted sleep, that I psyched myself out the first night and woke up constantly. Then, on the last night I didn’t fall asleep until almost 5am and then had to get out of bed at 8am to get packed, grab breakfast, etc. It was a bittersweet trip. The alone time with Gabby and Dan, rest and relaxation were much needed. But, we were also leaving behind two VIP family members! And, worse yet… the little guys were SO sick (see below posts).
MEXICO HIGHLIGHTS:
* Whenever we told Gabby what we were going to do next (like eating lunch, going to sleep, swimming, etc.), she would ask “Are we going to eat lunch in Mexico?” “Are we going to sleep in Mexico?” “Are we going to swim in Mexico?” * LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Mexican food.
* One night when we were getting ready for bed, Gabby said "Mommy... my ears hurt." I said "Where do they hurt?" She pointed to the inside of her ears and I thought uh-oh... not another ear infection. So I said "Why do your ears hurt, Gabby?" She said "Because I've been pooping so much!" Ummmm.... ok… LOL! And no, she did not get any tummy troubles while we were there. None of us did, thank goodness.
* LOVED the resort we stayed at. There were fabulous pools everywhere, the beach was beautiful and worth exploring. The service was excellent. And, the food was DELISH!
* I read “The Reader” while there. That is the first book I’ve read cover-to-cover since the twins were born. I started another book… 900 pages long. I’m sure I’ll have to restart that 5 years from now when I can maybe reacquaint myself with something called “PERSONAL TIME”.
* Dan’s highlight: Checking NCAA tournament scores constantly, uninterrupted, while beer and/or margarita in-hand. Let’s just say he definitely took advantage of pools-side beverage services. And good for him, right?!
* Every day we were able to see huge Blue Whales blowing water and jumping into the air. They were at least a mile or two off the shore. The staff at our resort would bring us binoculars so Gabby could see them better. They were fun to watch. Big and wowtastic!
* One day while swimming with Gabby, I was holding her and she started screaming so loud like she was in pain. Everyone around the pool was looking at us. I asked her what was wrong and she held up C.inderella (a little figurine doll) and screamed “C.INDERELL’S HAIR IS MISSING!!!!” OMG! She FREAKED OUT! I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. I had to assure her I would find C.inderella’s hair. Thank God I found it quite quickly on the pool floor. I almost felt like holding it up so I would get a round of applause from the onlookers we’d attracted. Gabby smiled, laughed… we wiped the tears. And, everything was happy again. In case you didn’t know… princesses are like crack to my child… they’re beyond addicting! She eats, sleeps and breathes princesses. C.inderella was in Gabby’s hand throughout the entire trip… even while sleeping and swimming, I kid you not.
* We watched as a couple got married on the beach one night. Gabby thought the bride was a princess... so we explained that she was a bride, kind of like a princess but only for a day (until reality sets in. ha!). After the bride and groom walked off... Gabby said "I want to be a princess and have a REAL BIG white dress like that! Daddy... I want to get married!"
* Gabby swam like a fish and would spend entire days in the pool! She did SO great and didn’t need any assistance while swimming with her water wings. She’s not yet able to swim without the water wings… but it’s just around the corner, I can feel it!
* Several times I gave Gabby the camera so she could take photos. She thought this was GREAT. She LOVES taking pictures and I have to admit, I love seeing the shots she ends up getting. Sometimes Dan & I have to try and move quickly to get in the photos that are supposed to include us. It’s fun. Can you guess which photos she took?
* Gabby was great at spotting Iguana’s on the resort grounds. They were fast and big (about 2 feet long). She also spotted a sand crab and got VERY CLOSE to a pelican that decided to jump into the pool and swim amongst all the humans before making a grand exit. It had an amazingly large wingspan… probably close to 6 feet wide. (see photos)
* We walked on the beach and in the ocean and got to see lots of striped and colorful fish swimming and eating off the shore rocks.
* Gabby LOVED having Dan toss her into the air SUPER HIGH (see photo).
* I brought the camera to breakfast our last morning in Mexico. You see... Gabby had become good friends with Arturo, our server. He helped us every day with our breakfast. Gabby spotted him about 5 tables away and pointed at him saying "Mommy, I LOVE that boy!" It was a great trip! So much fun. But, it was also great to get back to my little guys… I sure missed them a LOT! 

















No comments:
Post a Comment