Kids say the funniest things. Put on your parenting hat... because you're about to read what you will undoubtedly hear/experience conversationally with your own child, if you haven't already!
We were driving in the car the other day and Gabby was watching "The L.ittle M.ermaid". She said "Mommy? I would like to have a green tail too!" This is of course added to the list of princess wishes that she makes daily. Princesses are a very big deal around our house. ;-)
Then, tonight I was giving Gabby a bath. Looking at me quite seriously, she said "Mommy, someday I want to have really big b.oobies just like you." I didn't know what to say... but then said "Oh really? Ok. That's cool!" Little does she know that her mommy was much more... ummm... should we say blessed (?) pre-kids in the chest department. Not much there to wish upon now!
Then, of course during this same bath, she proceeded to tell me that she has a hole on her bottom that goes poo poo and pee pee. I of course nodded and said... "Really? Wow!" I didn't bother to start explaining that one... but of course in my head I was thinking... hmmm... perhaps we wait until she's 30 to revisit this comment.
Age three seems to be the age where these little people start voicing more of their awareness of body/self. Recently, when I was changing one of the boy's diapers... Gabby pushed a chair up so she could watch. She said "Mommy, what is that thing between his legs?" So... of course I had to tell her that little boys have different parts, etc. She giggled and thought this was pretty funny. And, she said "I don't have a p.enis. I just have a bottom."
After the bath, I was thinking about all her little comments and one of my own childhood memories popped into my head. Both my mom and I remember it. I was in my mom's dressing room... and I looked at her while she was getting dressed and said "Mommy, some day I want small b.oobies just like you!" I'm not sure how old I was... but I would venture to guess I was in the 3-4 age range.
What is the lesson to be learned from this blog post?
Be careful what you wish for!
HA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment