4/9/09

DANGER: Princess store ahead!

This isn't news. Gabby is OBSESSED with everything princess-related. P.rincess this... C.inderella that. Every day is filled with lots of p.rincess and C.inderella related talk.

Gabby brings C.inderella everywhere... to bed, the grocery store, to play in the backyard, etc. C.inderella also came to Mexico with us and was in her hands during the duration of all flights. We even took special photos of C.inderella on the beach. See photo.

This little C.inderella figurine never strays far from Gabby's hand. IF she does... it's because Gabby is at school, gymnastics, swimming lessons or a playdate. Or, if she asks Dan, Julia or I to change the outfit Cinderella is wearing, then she happily allows someone else to hold C.inderella. This task btw, is of course the most impossible task for adult hands to accomplish in the time a 3 year old wants it completed in.

Anyway... you get the point.

Well... the other night, I had to run an errand at the mall and brought Gabby with me. We had to walk by the D.isney store and BAM! It was over. Gabby dragged me into the store and was immediately "OHHHHHHing" and "AHHHHHHing". She kept telling me how this was her "most favorite store ever" and "how beautiful this store" was.

And then & there. I knew we wouldn't be able to leave without someone crying. Possibly me. Possibly her.

I ended up buying two pairs of flip flops... one C.inderella and one L.ittle M.ermaid. Wouldn't you know you could buy two for $8, but one pair would cost you $6.50. Anyway, I couldn't get myself to buy two pairs of C.inderella... even though Gabby had a near meltdown that I didn't get two pairs of C.inderella.

I was able to fight off the request for the C.inderella PJ's, bath doll, swim towel, a P.rincess swimsuit (included C.inderella, S.leeping B.eauty and B.elle), and a million other things. But ONLY becuase I told her the E.aster Bunny is coming this weekend... and that maybe... just maybe he'll bring her some of these things. I'm sure the E.aster Bunny is now freaking out a bit to make sure he *delivers*.

But, yes... we DID in fact leave the store crying very hard. They really should put "DANGER: P.rincess store ahead!" signs up in the malls to help parents out a little!

No comments: