
All three kids recently started spring swimming lessons. Gabby has of course taken swimming lessons before, but this is the very first class for the boys.
Since Gabby is 3, she is no longer in a class that requires a parent in the pool with her. It's just her, 3 other 3 year olds, and coach Justin. She's loving it and doing a great job. One of her recent accomplishments includes diving under the water surface and swimming to coach Justin. We're so proud of her!
The boys are LOVING swim lessons! And, they are absolutely fearless in the water.

Dan will go underwater with Rocco... approx 2-3 feet under the surface... and Rocco just loves it! Dan will signal to him, counting to 3, then saying "Deep breath" and then they go under SO FAR! WAY further than mommy would bring him under! Yikes! He'll close his eyes and hold his breath and he comes up like nothing happened, smiling and looking around and just perfectly fine. Every time I am in shock. He also climbs out of the pool on his own and jumps into the water on his own, into Dan's waiting arms, of course. It's funny though... because whenever he climbs out... he runs around to find a ball and then runs back to the edge of the water to jump in again with ball in-hand.

Matteo is also very unphased by going underwater. I ususally have Matteo for the majority of the swim class.. and unfortunately, this means he doesn't go as far under the water surface as Rocco does. But, I do bring him about a foot under the surface with me and he does great! He also comes up smiling and just looking around. He too clearly understands when it's time to hold his breath... I do the same count and "Deep Breath" signals that Dan does. Matt loves swimming on his belly and trying to gather balls/toys that are floating around. He'll jump off the edge into my arms in the water. He loves watching the other kids. And, I just LOVE hugging and cuddling and holding him during this fun little play session.

Gabby loved the water at 15 mnths, but HATED going UNDER water. I vividly remember dreading the point in each swim class when I would have to put just her face in the water. It would always result in screaming at that age. She hated it.
Dan & I try to switch off between the boys during class. But, he typically has Rocco and I have Matt for the majority of each class.
So far, it's been really fun for us to spend this time with the little fellas in swim class. Dan and I both seem to agree that swimming lesson night is one of our favorite "family" activities to date! 

Not to mention the fact that seeing the little guys walking around the pool, next to their big sister, all in swimsuits is beyond cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment