4/14/09

Meal-A-Thon Sundays

So... most people know that I participate in the occasional half marathon or full marathon or whatever. What most people DON'T know... is that I now participate in a weekly Meal-A-Thon... usually on Sundays.

Yes... that's right. A MEAL-A-THON.

What is a MEAL-A-THON, you ask?

Well... it's where I spend 1-3 hours making 2 healthy meals that can feed the kids numerous meals (lunch and/or dinner) over the course of the next 5-7 days. I've found that it's much easier to add variety to their lives and feed them healthy foods if it's already made and accessible.

Typically, I try to make one pasta (rigatoni or small bow-tie pasta) with a tomato meat sauce becuase the boys LOVE that. And, then I've also been making one chicken casserole of some sort... trying a new one each week. Some casseroles go over well. Some have not.

Anyway - this would be a mom tip for any of you mom's out there. Try it!

No comments: