3/24/11

Fashionista!


Gabby is always putting together very... well... umm... interesting outfits.

Sometimes... they look pretty cool. And, sometimes I try to gently add a little advice or make suggestions.

There are times she walks down the stairs buried in a layers of stuff from both her closet and mine and I think to myself "wow... that actually looks really hip and trendy. I wish I could put together an outfit like that and get away with wearing it!"

A year ago, I felt compelled at times to assure people that she did in fact dress herself, becuase the outfits were VERY creative. While I still think she is very creative, the stuff she puts together now more often than not actually looks pretty hip and cool.

She now often asks me "Mommy, were you born to work at a Children's Hospital?". And, I'll say, "well... I don't think I was BORN to work at a children's hospital... but I really LOVE working for a children's hospital". Then she goes on to say "Well I think I was born to work with clothes and dress people." So, then I try and think of and tell her about the many job options available to people who like clothes.

At age 5, Gabby insists she would like to be a stylist some day. I imagine this will evolve into many other hopes and dreams throughout the years. But, I love that at age 5, she knows what she enjoys and is passionate about... and is aware of how some people do this for work and she could someday too.

Future stylist to the stars? I don't know. But, definitely my stylist! This girl has WAY more style sense than I ever had or have! :))

No comments: