3/5/11

Gammy Visited Us!

We had a lot of fun when Gammy visited us at the end of February. The kids were so excited to see Gammy and show her their new home (mostly their new bedrooms and the forest).

We took Gammy to see the S.pace N.eedle, and the children's ballets "Peter and the Wolf" and "Fancy Nancy" (which also included a book signing by the Fancy Nancy Illustrator). We went out to eat a number of times, we went on walks, we did a lot of talking, and we made lots of yummy home-cooked meals too. Gammy got to see how busy the kids are these days (I think my kids are her craziest grand children... just so energetic and active!). It snowed while Gammy was here (maybe 2-3 inches), so she was able to see our winter wonderland and watch the kids play in the snow on the ground. Gammy also got to see where Gabby goes to school. And, she also got to watch Gabby in dance and gymnastics class. Gammy spent lots of time playing with the kids and reading them books. She also spent lots of time helping our au pair, Maria, keep the kids entertained while I was working.

Yes, I am working again! I started doing contract work again for Packard Children's Hospital back in November. I was so happy to be reconnected with my "work family"! I basically took back a lot of the publication work that I had managed for the past 5 years. It truly has allowed me to balance out my personal needs. Being a mommy is my TOP priority! But, I also love having a "professional" outlet and a flexible job that allows me to work from home. March kept me busier than I would like to be on a regular basis (I took on an additional project resulting in full-time hours). But, it's great interacting with my old coworkers again on a regular basis - love them!

We sure do love having Gammy visit! Next time, Papa will have to visit too though... because Rocco kept asking... "Where's Papa?"

No comments: