Last night around 11:15pm, I looked out the window anticipating the *big snow storm* that had been forecasted for our area. Sure enough... it was snowing!
It's unusual for it to snow where we live right now. I guess the last time it snowed was 5 years ago.
It was so exciting, I actually entertained the idea of waking up Rocco and Gabby to let them watch the big flakes falling from the sky. But, I didn't... I feared them not going back to bed and wanting to just watch it snow as long as their little eyes would allow them.
My kids were SO excited when they woke up and saw snow on the ground! There wasn't a lot... but, there were random patches of snow that looked to be almost 2 inches deep in some spots. Apparently, it was not enough to warrant the "Mom/Dad, can we go out and play in the snow?" question... as not even one child asked. And, it was gone by the end of the day. But, it was very exciting nonetheless.
Last winter, it snowed a few times where we lived in WA. But, the snow only piled up and stayed on the ground for 8 hours on one of those days. Other than that, we had to drive to the mountains to see and play in the snow.
The winter before that, we had several big snow storms... one that resulted in about 6-8 inches of snow that stuck around for approximately 10 days. The other winter storms that year brought about 2-4 inches of snow, forcing us to do a bit of shoveling and allowing the kids to play, but it usually disappeared within 24-48 hours.
Snow is always VERY exciting to my kids! And, I love to watch it fall and pile up. But, in all honesty, I prefer the option to *visit* snow when I choose, versus dealing with it on an every day basis. :))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment