12/16/13

Snowfreakingflakes

My two oldest children learned to make snowflakes in school over the past two weeks. For some unknown reason, they decided to teach the third oldest child how to make snowflakes over the weekend, while my husband was in Las Vegas for work (riiiiiiiiiight!).

I kid you not... I had three children making snowflakes faster than Buddy the Elf. There were paper scraps everywhere. EVERY WHERE.

EVERY. FREAKING. WHERE.

Paper scraps covered the table, the countertop, the floor under the table, the floor under the counter... they migrated over to the sofa.... there was a trail from the sofa to the table to the counter. Paper scraps were falling out of blankets, out of play kitchen toys... I even found them in kitchen drawers.

It is AMAZING what can happen when you try to give your toddler a quiet bath and leave the older kids to keep themselves entertained.

Sweet Moses.

I guess I should be thankful they were making snowflakes instead of pulling each other's hair out.

But, by the time I got them in bed and looked around (exhausted... and after a very long weekend w/daddy being gone)... I wanted to cry paper scraps!!

But nope... I just picked them all up.

Only to wake up Monday morning and find that child #2 has already been awake for 45 minutes and was on snowflake #52.

ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Paper scraps EVERY WHERE... AGAIN!!!

Is it awful that I was bursting with joy to drop them off at school Monday morning?!

No comments: