There it goes again... the sound of a small children's chair being pushed, slowly but surely, across the wood floor. It lasts about 45 seconds until it reaches the final destination. Then, little Marco slowly but surely climbs up onto the chair and reaches up to open the cabinet and pull out his goldfish crackers.
Not even 5 mintues later, he is pushing the chair over from the cabinet to the kitchen island where I am making sandwiches for the kids. He's reaching up onto the couter trying to grab at anything and everything possible and I'm telling him "no"... to which he replies back "NO!"
The smallest child has discovered the usefulness of a stepstool.
Oy!
We had a few contractors in and out last week, and they had ladders with them. Do I even need to write about how we found Marco attempting to climb the ladders on more than one occasion. He was enthralled by them.
Fast forward one week, and he's constantly dragging or pushing the little kiddie chairs around the main level of our home to get access to all the things he can't reach without the chair.
When I was cooking dinner, he was watching me turn on one of the ovens that is elevated and mounted in the wall. Not even 5 minutes later... the child has the chair sitting there and he's flipping the dials. Never mind the fact that he already flips all the dials on the ovens and stove that sit at his reach level just a few feet away.
His daddy is going to go nuts when he sees him dragging and pushing those little chairs across the wood floors. I have tried to tell Marco not to do it. I've carried the chairs back to the table hundreds of times now, only resulting in a crying Marco and him running right over to the chairs to drag it back to the destination of choice. But honestly, when Dan is gone... I literally don't have time to fight this battle.
Such a little rascal!
Hopefully... when Dan arrives back home, he'll want to fight this battle and train Marco not to do this anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment