We went Christmas tree hunting last weekend and had lots of fun! We went to a tree farm, so we actually had to cut the trees down ourselves. And, by we - I mean Dan. And, Daniel did a fabulous job of cutting down our trees.Yes... trees. Plural. We decided to get two trees.
You see... in California, we would spend $150 for an 8 or 9 foot noble fir the weekend after Thanksgiving. And here, we were able to get two very similar-looking trees (that's code for I can't recall the name of the trees we got) for half the price. Each tree was $35. Total bargain, right?! One of the trees is approx 9 or 10 feet and the other is approx 11 feet. One sits in our entry way and the other sits in our TV/family room that connects to the kitchen.

We don't have a ton of Christmas decorations... so this works out perfectly because the white lights on the trees seems to make the main floor of the house really magical. The kids love it.

Gabby was SO EXCITED to decorate the trees. I think her and Rocco decorated the family room tree (the front, bottom half, of course) in less than 20 minutes.

I'll post photos of the trees in one of my next posts. Until then, here are some photos from our tree hunting experience.









2 comments:
Looks like fun! Much better than the home depot tree experience! Think of you often!
yeah for you! 2 trees! awesome! hugs, Cathy
Post a Comment