
Gabby had been asking to go and see the Nutcracker ballet since the beginning of November. I just so happen to love the Nutcracker ballet and the last time I saw it was when Dan and I were living in San Francisco and we'd make a double date night of it... a wine bar and the ballet.
So, it was definitely time for me to see it again... and I was very excited to make a special day of it for Gabby and I.
Daddy took some pictures of us before we left... and then Rocco got upset and was so sad that he wasn't coming with us to the ballet (which he would have hated... I can't imagine him lasting 5 mins!). So, daddy threw all the kids into the photos and that seemed to solve Rocco's issue with not feeling included. And, it made me happy because I got some cute photos with three of my kiddos.I should note that we didn't go to the FULL Nutcracker ballet... rather it was a smaller ballet company that does a production that is just short of 2 hours... excerpts from the Nutcracker. A wonderful new mommy friend alerted us to this option and it was perfect for us.

Gabby did SO well during the performance and really enjoyed all the dancing, the costumes and music. I thought she would be scared when the rats took over the stage... but she wasn't. I guess it helped that they were dancing mice w/cute little girls and boys inside the costumes. After intermission (and the enormous sugar cookie!), I could tell she got a little tired... but her eyes remained glued to the stage.

On the way home, she seemed so tired I suggested we go right home so she could rest... but that fell on deaf ears. Gabby demanded that we still went out for an early dinner. So, we did. And, we had burgers, and french fries, and a smoothie and chocolate shake at a local burger joint.
And, it was fabulous. The entire day. Love the special, individual time w/my sweet kiddos.
Thanks for the fun date, Gabby... hope you remember it for years to come! xoxo
Oh... and we also brought home a special Nutcracker cookie for Rocco, and a rat cookie for daddy. Here's Rocco and his cookie:

1 comment:
Looks like a fun time! You and Gabby sure do look a like. I bet those picture will make it into a frame soon.
Post a Comment