Bathing multiple infants at the same time requires a bit more energy, work and time than it does to bathe one. And, bathing two very active 11 month olds requires two adults, at minimum.
The boys are just plain crazy when they get in the tub! No. Seriously. Two words that summarize each bath experience… STRESSFUL and CHAOTIC!
Immediately upon entry, both boys are splashing as hard and as much as they possibly can. They get the biggest smiles on their little faces and are letting out lots of laughs and happy-screams. Dan and I are usually dripping wet from the waist-up, 60 seconds into bath time. That doesn’t sound bad, right?
Then, Matteo starts what I call “butt-swimming”. He kicks his legs really hard and slides across the tub floor on his slippery butt. This is followed by attempts to crawl, getting mad at me because I’m trying to hold onto him, and repeated face-plants into the water. With every self-induced dunk, I pull him out of the water just as quick as he goes under. I always expect him to cry, but he gets up and continues on his merry little way like nothing ever happened. Followed by another attempt for me to hold on to him. Him getting angry at me and shaking his arms angrily and screaming. Another face dunk while attempting to crawl across the tub. Another rescue by mom.
Rocco has always been the busier of the two. At the start of the bath, he’s entertained by the splashing and reaching out to touch his little bath buddy, while laughing. But, that quickly gets boring. So, instead of just crawling across the tub floor, he’s now more interested in standing up. He pops up just as quick as you sit him back down. And, getting him to sit back down is a trick because he grunts angrily while stiffening up straight as a board. Oh, and then of course… every once in a while he pretends to be a big boy standing in a bathroom stall. So, we get to witness him practicing his standing pee. Sadly, he pees into the tub water. Poor Matt!
Sheesh… it’s stressful!
And, if that isn’t enough to exhaust you… well, then we have Gabby who wants to participate in bathing the babies. If she hears “baby bath”… she is right there with us. Getting in between Dan & I and leaning into the water, grabbing soap, trying to squirt soap on their heads, splashing with the babies, dumping water over the babies heads to wash their hair.
Maybe, just maybe... I can record a few moments of it and share it with you here. The whole process is utterly exhausting. Honestly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment