12/2/08

Turkey Trot!


We started a new tradition this year. Dan, Gabby and I decided to participate in the Turkey Trot. Dan and I signed up to run a 10K race beginning at 9am, followed by Gabby running a 75 yard fun run with a bunch of other 2 and 3 year olds. My parents signed up to stay home with the twins… otherwise, I’m sure I would have dragged them out to do the 5K walk and watch Gabby.

It was great… there were a ton of people all running or walking for charity! It was chaotic but great.

And, my dear friend Kathleen decided to also participate… and her daughter Livi just happens to be one of Gabby’s best friends, so the girls were excited to do their run together.

The kids run was a picture of chaos. And too bad I FORGOT my memory card in my camera… otherwise I’d have funny photos to share of Gabby and Livi hugging at the starting line… then starting the run excited, laughing and happy… and then 5 steps into the run, Gabby melting down at the chaos… and then mommy running to pick Gabby up and run her to the finish line… where Gabby and Livi were both awarded with special medals and super cute t-shirt.

Oh, and I should add that this was the longest distance Dan has ever run… just over 6 miles! YAY DAN!

Anyway, here are some photos from after the race:

No comments: