12/14/08

It's beginning to look a LOT like Christmas!


I just LOVE the holidays! And, it's beginning to look a LOT like Christmas at our house.

We've got lights on the outside of the house, stockings hung, the house decorated, presents are under the tree.... and today we decorated the tree.

It was a bit of a blunder... the boys were busy trying to climb the sofa and dive off, and every once in a while it looked like fun to grab ornaments off the tree and bite them. Not such a great idea, right?
Well... the tree was finally decorated. Memorable moments included:
* Gabby (dressed in a princess dress, of course) hanging all of the ornaments she could get her hands on within a two-foot radius.
* Rocco ripping ornaments off the tree and being scolded repeatedly by Gabby.
* Matteo grabbing ornaments off the tree and trying to eat them... and then getting SUPER mad at me when I'd try to recover the ornament from his little hands.
* Gabby trying to take a bite of each ornament that looked like a gingerbread cookie. We recently made gingerbread cookies... so this made sense to me.
I am just LOVING this year's holiday season! It's so different from last year's high-stress holiday. Last year I was pregnant with the boys, on bed rest and doing everything possible to keep the babies in my tummy for as long as possible so they could have a healthy start at life. Making Christmas cookies was completely out of the realm of possibilities. Also, we were still living in a rental while our house remodel was approaching completion. The project ran over by almost 2 months... and I was starting go a little nutty on the contractors. Honestly... you really don't want to mess with a SUPER-pregnant mommy who is in full nesting mode with nowhere to nest. Just a tad bit stressful.

This year is just SO WONDERFULY! I have 3 healthy babes and a fabulous, loving husband. We're in OUR home. And, Gabby's excitement for the Christmas holiday is so much fun... and brings out a little bit of the kid in Dan & I. It's wonderful... wish I could remember each and every moment forever...


1 comment:

Cindy said...

Beautiful photos!
We have two of the same stockings, btw, from PBK. They were gifts from our close friends while the babies were in NICU :(
We hung them at their isolettes last year. SOOOOO glad to actually be hanging them on the mantle this year with healthy babies!