Gabby had her first dentist appointment at the start of the month. I had been prepping her for a few weeks. Telling her that we’d be visiting a dentist, what happens at the dentist office, explaining the sounds, where she would sit and the things she would see. Never once mentioning anything about my dental anxiety. ;-)
blog.jpg)
Gabby did SO great and seemed to somewhat enjoy getting her teeth cleaned and polished. The dental hygienist was great with Gabby and took away any fears she may have had. It pays to visit a pediatric dental office! Gabby did cry when the actual dentist finally came in... but, I chalk that up to us having to wait almost 15 minutes after the hygienist had finished. And, the dentist was a super tall guy wearing scrubs. So, he had a slight intimidation factor as well. I jumped into the chair so she could sit on my lap and then everything was fine.
Gabby got to wear cool little sunglasses while the light was shining on her face. And, they also gave her a huge bag of loot! She must have left with 20 stickers (all Dora & princess stickers), a princess toothbrush, a Tigger toothbrush, dinosaur children's floss sticks, 2 rolls of floss, toothpaste, a pink coin purse and a new ring with some major BLING. Dang... I think I might have to switch dentists!!
And, the appointment was made extra special because her Gammy from MN was able to join us! So, we got some cute photos of Miss Gabby in the dental chair. The little monkey sure is growing up fast lately!
blog.jpg)
blog.jpg)
blog.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment