I'm now 35 weeks and 4 days along.A crib has not yet been put together. Baby clothes haven't been washed. There is no nursery set-up. A name has not been decided upon yet for baby Surprisette. And, we don't have a childcare plan for Gabby and Rocco should I go into labor in the evening or middle of the night.
I mentioned these things to Dan the other morning... and his only response was "We should just name her SURPRISABELLA". Then, we both laughed and went on with our day.
Part of me feels like I SHOULD be stressed about this stuff... but I'm not. In the big scheme of life... these are all such little things that don't "really" matter. We'll figure it out. Whether they happen before or after the baby arrives. We've dealt with bigger things in the past 6 months.
We've got a new perspective
This pregnancy has been relatively easy. Outside of being huge, feeling uncomfortable, not sleeping well, getting nasty heartburn at night, getting repeatedly elbowed in the belly by the kids, waddling everywhere, not having any abdominal strength, and wearing the same things over & over... pregnancy is just fabulous. :)

The past 2 months have flown by. Not only have we been busy with the kids and their activities, play dates and parties... but I've been crazy-busy with work. Too busy. But, perhaps that is a bit of a blessing in disguise as it hasn't really allowed me a lot of time to "think". My mind only goes to one place when I have extra time. Matt can keep my mind racing for hours. If I'm looking at his photos, I find myself staring into those big, gorgeous brown eyes... searching for answers. Those big eyes... so mysterious. If only he could have told us something was different on that last day. Anything.
As difficult as life has been for us lately, we are in-fact looking forward to the new baby's arrival. She will certainly be welcomed with a lot of love. Emotionally, I'm sure it will be a bit of a roller coaster having lost Matteo 5+ months ago and still feeling that loss and pain so deeply every day. But, we'll take it day by day.
Just to compare... below is a photo of me in front of our Christmas tree @ 35wks. No, we haven't decorated the tree yet. Yes, I know I'm a slacker.

The other photo is of me pregnant with the twins 2 years ago - almost the same December date, but I was only 32 weeks along. Wow... and to think I feel huge now. I was TRULY HUGE when pregnant with the twins! That belly looks fake, doesn't it?!
7 comments:
SOOOO cute! Pregnancy is definitely your thing, you look beautiful!!! Can't wait to hear more about Baby Suprisette in the weeks to come!
I haven't read your blog in awhile.
I forgot that your were pregnant.
This is so wonderful. I know your heart is broken but God is good.
Enjoy your precious new little baby and have a very merry Christmas.
You are seriously one of the cutest pregnant women ever!
We are continuing to pray for you!
You look lovely. And you're right, you'll figure it all out at some point.
Dec. 3rd was the 1 yr. mark since my grandson passed away. Dec. 8 they welcomed another baby boy. Bittersweet for sure.
Take care, Jodi. Happy Holidays.
God bless you and yours this season. i know it will be hard, but you're a beautiful, strong woman. Congratulations!
Tama (tah-mah) Althea.
Surprise healer.
I've been reading and praying for you and your family. Truly, I hope you are finding a little more peace day by day.
Post a Comment