

Our cookie fest was a bit out of control this year!It exhausted Dan & I... and we didn't even make a ton. We made gingerbread men, cut-outs, and some almond and peppermint pinwheel cookies frosted with milk chocolate and topped with walnuts.
Maybe I should be more specific... it wasn't the cookies that exhausted us. The exhausting part was keeping our "helpers" under control and managing the magnitude of the mess.

Our kitchen was blanketed with flour and sprinkles. And, I think there were little pieces of dough everywhere too.
But it was fun... and I'm still glad we did it. The kids truly enjoyed it... we all laughed a lot and it brought joy to our hearts knowing how much fun they were having and the memories we were making for them.
Gabby's favorite part was helping press the cookie cutters and putting flour on the dough before we'd roll it (this of course resulted in several looming clouds of flour in the kitchen!).
Rocco LOVED trying to roll the dough. He was "king" when he had the rolling pin. And, Dan had to practically wrestle the little dude every time he needed the rolling pin. It was funny!
Sadly, poor Dan was a bit traumatized from the entire experience. Next year if I want his help again, it will probably require some serious bribery.




1 comment:
Yummy! That sure looked like alot of hard work :-)
Post a Comment